Day Before Your Spray Tan Appointment
• Discontinue the use of any oil based products including Dove, Oil of Olay, coconut oil, etc.
• Shave or wax to remove unwanted body hair
• Get your manicure/pedicures (you can do this the day after you spray tan as well)
• Moisturize before bed to give your body an extra health kick
Morning of Your Spray Tan Appointment
• Shower as normal, then exfoliate entire body, with an OIL-FREE exfoliant to remove unwanted residues and return your skin to its cleanest state
(if you don't have time for this step you can purchase a cleansing/exfoliating Ex-Mitt to use at salon)
• DO NOT apply deodorant, make up, fragrance oils, colognes, moisturizers: these create a barrier
• Wear darker colors, avoiding hats, tight-fitting jeans and leggings, rough fabrics, or anything that will make you sweat after your spray tan!
At Your Spray Tan Appointment
• Remove make up, deodorant, etc. (if you did apply them) We offer Norvell’s best-selling product the Ex-Mitt, an easy to use exfoliator that cleanses and preps your skin
• Pull hair away from face and neck, and secure hair with a hair tie, and remove all jewelry
• Follow all instructions given to you by our GLOW Girls
After Your Spray Tan Appointment, Before You Rinse Off
• Give yourself a minimum of 2-3 hours (Rapid) and 6-8 hours (Standard) to let the tan process
• Avoid anything that will get your spray tan wet (exercising, swimming, hot room yoga, rain, etc.)
• DO NOT apply moisturizers, avoid fragrance oils, colognes, make up, deodorant, etc. until after you rinse off
• DO NOT touch your skin to check your tan, this will transfer solution to your palms
• When it is time to rinse off: USE WATER ONLY.
• Try to refrain from using soaps or shampoos on initial rinse!
After Your Spray Tan Appointment, After You Rinse Off
• Your spray tan will tone down once the cosmetic bronzer is washed off
• Maintain your tan with spray tan safe moisturizer like the ones we carry, or any DHA-infused Tan Extender
• Apply additional moisturizer after anything that will dry out your skin (working out, ocean water, chlorine pools, excessive sweating, etc.)
• Your face will fade faster than the rest of your body: use one of our DHA infused products to maintain a flawless, even tan. Apply at night before bed for best results.
Remember: Your tan will last longer the better you treat your skin!
24 hour cancellation policy applies to all appointments